January 24, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - January 26, 2020 @ 12:00 pm$90 – $95
When: Friday, January 24 at 7:00 PM through Sunday, January 26 at 12:00 PM
Where: La Quinta Inn and Suites, Andover, MA
Who: All women who are actively serving in their churches or organizations; especially those women who minister to other women.
What: Three general sessions with speaker, dramatist, and author, Maggie Wallem Rowe, six afternoon break-out sessions pertinent to life and ministry; free time to enjoy and meet new women, plus much more!
Stay tuned for for registration details and a schedule of the weekend!
Life has its epic adventures, but the dailiness of it doesn’t consist of grand moments but of the everyday rhythms of the intentional choices we make. Paying attention to our mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Caring for others and being cared for in return. Loving God and receiving his unconditional love and fathomless grace. Our 2020 reTREAT speaker, Maggie Wallem Rowe, has deep roots in ministry in New England and a deep love for its women. Join us for a spiritual road trip as we explore hidden pathways, discover sacred companions, and worship the God whose presence is infused in every moment of our journey.
Our annual women’s reTREAT will help you step out of that “noise and confusion” and leave the treadmill of expectations and pressures of daily life and ministry behind. It is a time to restore your soul (and body!) and replenish your spirit; it is a time to be nurtured and cared for by other sisters in Christ. As women who are involved in leading and serving, we need the body of Christ and the nourishment of loving sisters who are sharing, praying, and holding one another accountable just as much as any of those God calls us to serve.
The retreat will take place at the La Quinta in Andover, MA, and is for any woman who is currently serving in her church or organization. This will be a time to connect with sisters who have a heartbeat for Christ; it will be a time of encouragement and enrichment.
Our time together will feature a variety of elements. Here are some highlights:
- Meaningful and inspirational worship
- Special guest speaker Maggie Wallem Rowe (www.maggierowe.com) will be speaking twice on Saturday and at Sunday’s general session on “JOURNEY – Living Well with God and Others”
- We will also be having a special evening event with Maggie on Saturday that will be open to all women, even those not attending the retreat!
- A relaxed time of fun to connect with old and new friends
- Personal quiet time and prayer
- Ministry relevant breakout sessions (you can take 2!).
- Talk-back Session with Maggie Rowe
- Creative and Innovative Ways to Reach Today’s Woman
- Overwhelmed? Burned Out? You Could Use a Life Coach!
- Life-giving Relationships for Women
- G.A.L. Group (Grief And Loss)
- Breakout for a Cause! Luopads: Relieve Suffering, Restore Dignity, Reveal Hope
Please visit out Retreat Breakout Sessions page for topic descriptions and instructor information.
We are delighted to have Maggie Rowe as our keynote at this year’s reTREAT. She is a national speaker, dramatist, blogger, and author whose passion is to connect women to God and each other. She has contributed to 10 books including numerous devotional Bibles. Maggie speaks frequently in New England as well as throughout the US and abroad. She holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from Wheaton College (IL) in communications and biblical studies. Maggie’s first book, This Lif
Session One (Sat am) – The Journey Within: Hidden Pathways
Session Two (Sat. pm) – The Relational Journey: Sacred Companions
Session Three (Sun. Am) – The God of Your Journey
• The reTREAT begins Friday at 7:00 PM and concludes Sunday by noon. Check-in at the hotel will be any time after 3:00 PM. (We hope to have an extended check-out time on Sunday.) Registration materials will be available upon check-in. Both general sessions on Saturday and Sunday morning begin at 10:00. Help yourself to breakfast each morning in the lobby of the inn, which is available until 10:00 AM. The full schedule will be available on our website by the end of November. Please note: our speaker will not be sharing on Friday night.
• You will need to sign up ahead of time for the round table discussion group or class of your choosing. You can make your choice known on the registration sheet. This will enable us to assign the proper space for each group. More information about each of our speakers and their topics will be available soon.
• We offer discounted rates to groups of three or more. You do not all have to attend the same day(s) when registering as a group. Why not invite women from your leadership team to attend with you?
• Accommodations include rooms with two queen beds, or a suite which includes a king size bed and a pull-out sofa bed. The La Quinta Inn has a pool and a work-out room for your enjoyment.
• This year you will be registering for your accommodations separately from the retreat registration. The rooms with two queen-sized beds are $89 each (plus tax). Suites are $134 (plus tax) and include two bathrooms and two separate living areas with one king bed and one pull-out sofa bed. You will need to contact the hotel directly at 978-685-6200 and tell them you are with the by design group on Jan. 24-26. If you have questions about the accommodations, you can contact Pam at 978-685-6200 X 421 or email her at lq4043sc@LaQuinta.com
• Rooms need to be reserved by January 2, 2019. After that, room rates are not discounted, and the current rate will be charged.
Our new retreat location is fabulous – you’ll be able to relax and enjoy this beautiful setting with all the amenities – but space is limited.
Be sure to register at your earliest convenience so that you don’t miss out!
• Plan to bring copies of various ministry resources to share with fellow attendees. These could be brochures, ministry tips, planning guides, devotionals, organizational tools, speaker recommendations, etc., anything that might be of use to another women leader. The total number of copies that will be needed will be included in your confirmation letter.
• You will have a few different options in which to register: as an individual attendee or as a group attendee. You can also attend as a commuter. The registration fee for all attendees is $95. The group rate for three or more women is $90. This covers two breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner. If you opt to attend less than the full weekend, your registration fee is still the same.
• Millennial Discount! Those who are 35 or younger may register at a 25% discount, for $67.50! No code needed – just select that option during the registration process.
• Please note that we are not able to accommodate food allergies. Your registration fee is transferable but non-refundable (i.e., another person can come in your place). January 15th is the cutoff date for registrations. Registrations received after that postmarked date will be charged an additional $10.00.
• In addition, limited scholarships are available. Contact our office for further information.
A week before the retreat, you will receive a final confirmation letter with directions and additional information. If you have other concerns, please call our office at (978) 455-1011 or email us.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in February. More importantly, the Lord himself desires to encourage your heart and ministry with his strengthening presence.
“Where can women in leadership be refreshed? We’re always ‘on’ whether we are teaching, planning, leading, or delegating. We need a place to let down and let go-to connect with other women and to be fed so our cup is refilled. The by design reTREAT is it-a place to refresh, share ideas, pray and be in God’s presence so we can hear His direction for our next step.
I attended the reTREAT and met wonderful kindred sisters. We connected over meals and heard from speakers on topics that we encounter. And, we left feeling like family. It is so good to know I am not alone out there. God has an army of women on the front lines and they can become my rear guard as I serve in my local church and community. One favorite moment of the weekend was when we all broke out singing the Doxology in the dining hall. Voices raised. Perfect harmony. Clear and strong. It was such a beautiful picture of God’s daughters working in unity, according to our giftededness, for the Kingdom.”
2016 reTREAT participant