- This event has passed.
February 1 @ 5:00 pm - February 3 @ 12:00 pm$85 – $90
Please note: WE’RE FULL! If you would like to register for this event, please contact us directly and we can put you on the waiting list. Thank you!
When: Friday, February 1, 2019 at 7:00 PM through Sunday, February 3 at 12:00 PM
Where: The Hampton Inn, Westford, MA
Who: All women who are actively serving in their churches or organizations; especially those women who minister to other women.
What: Three general sessions with speaker and author, Cynthia Fantasia, four afternoon break-out sessions pertinent to life and ministry; free time to enjoy and meet new women, plus much more!
Click here to see the detailed schedule of the weekend!
“There have to be times to sit and wait for the fullness of God that replenishes body, mind and soul
… there has to be time for the fullness of time, or time is meaningless.”
Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton
Our annual women’s reTREAT will help you step out of that “noise and confusion” and leave the treadmill of expectations and pressures of daily life and ministry behind. It is a time to restore your soul (and body!) and replenish your spirit; it is a time to be nurtured and cared for by other sisters in Christ. As women who are involved in leading and serving, we need the body of Christ and the nourishment of loving sisters sharing, praying and holding one another accountable just as much as any of those God calls us to serve.
The retreat will take place at the Hampton Inn in Westford, MA, and is for any woman who is currently serving in her church or organization. This will be a time to connect with sisters who have a heartbeat for Christ; it will be a time of encouragement and enrichment.
Our time together will feature a variety of elements. Here are some highlights:
- Meaningful and inspirational worship
- Special speaker Cynthia Fantasia will be speaking twice on Saturday and at Sunday’s general session on “Beyond Boundaries – Moving Forward with Humility and Confidence!”
- A relaxed time of fun to connect with old and new friends
- Personal quiet time and prayer
- Ask a Millennial! A Q&A panel led by the enthusiastic young women of by design’s WeConnect Leadership Team.
- Round table discussion groups (you can take 2!) including:
- Building a Team that will Last with Judi Adamyk (Leadership Training Class #209)
- Stewarding Your Finances with Jessi Crawley
- G.A.L. Group (Grief And Loss) with Rene Allen
- True Confessions of a Superwoman Dropout with Kristi Stoughton
You can read all the details about these topics by visiting our Retreat Workshops page!
We are delighted to have author and speaker, Cynthia Fantasia, as our keynote at this year’s reTREAT. Cynthia served for 25 years as Pastor of Women at Grace Chapel, Lexington, MA. She is currently a member of the board of elders at Grace Chapel and speaks at conferences and retreats nationally and internationally. A contributing author in Mothers Have Angel Wings by Carol Kent and 30 Ways to Embrace Life by Lucinda McDowell, Cynthia has also written several Bible studies that are used across the country. She is currently under contract with NavPress to write a book chronicling her husband’s (and her) journey through Alzheimer’s disease. Cynthia has three adult children and five “perfect” grandchildren. Her favorite activities are long walks, reading great books, visiting her beloved Maine coast, and seeing the world through the eyes of her grandchildren.
Please click below for a video message from Cynthia!
• The reTREAT begins Friday at 7:00 PM and concludes Sunday by noon. Check-in at the hotel will be any time after 3:00 PM. (We hope to have an extended check-out time on Sunday.) For those coming early, we will meet at 4:30 for dinner at Chili’s, or you can choose to go to another restaurant in the area. Registration materials will be available upon check-in. Both general sessions on Saturday and Sunday morning begin at 10:00. Help yourself to breakfast each morning in the lobby of the inn, which is available until 10:00 AM. The full schedule will be available on our website by the end of November. Please note: our speaker will not be sharing on Friday night.
• You will need to sign up ahead of time for the round table discussion group or class of your choosing. You can make your choice known on the registration sheet. This will enable us to assign the proper space for each group. More information about each of our speakers and their topics is available at this link: http://www.bydesignministry.org/retreat-workshops/
• We offer discounted rates to groups of three or more. See pricing on the registration link or download the form. You do not all have to attend the same day(s) when registering as a group. Why not invite women from your leadership team to attend with you?
• Accommodations include rooms with two queen beds, or a suite which includes a king size bed and a pull-out sofa bed. The Hampton Inn has a pool and a work-out room for your enjoyment.
• This year you will be registering for your accommodations separately from the retreat registration. See more details on the form! The Hampton Inn’s phone number is (978) 392-1555. Or, you may register online at http://group.hamptoninn.com/ByDesignMinistriesIncWomensRetreat
• Rooms need to be reserved by January 2, 2019. After that, room rates are not discounted, and the current rate will be charged.
Our new retreat location is fabulous – you’ll be able to relax and enjoy this beautiful setting with all the amenities – but space is limited.
Be sure to register at your earliest convenience so that you don’t miss out!
• Plan to bring copies of various ministry resources to share with fellow attendees. These could be brochures, ministry tips, planning guides, devotionals, organizational tools, speaker recommendations, etc., anything that might be of use to another women leader. The total number of copies that will be needed will be included in your confirmation letter.
• You will have a few different options in which to register: as an individual attendee or as a group attendee. You can also attend as a commuter. The registration fee for all attendees is $90. The group rate for three or more women is $85. This covers two breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner. If you opt to attend less than the full weekend, your registration fee is still the same.
• Millennial Discount! Those who are 35 or younger may register at a 25% discount, for $67.50! No code needed – just select that option during the registration process.
• Please contact us if you have food allergies. Please note: Your registration fee is transferable but non-refundable (i.e., another person can come in your place). January 25th is the cutoff date for registrations. Registrations received after that postmarked date will be charged an additional $10.00.
• In addition, limited scholarships are available. Contact our office for further information.
• Click the button below to register now!
A week before the retreat, you will receive a final confirmation letter with directions and additional information. If you have other concerns, please call our office at (978) 455-1011 or email us.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in February. More importantly, the Lord himself desires to encourage your heart and ministry with his strengthening presence.
“Where can women in leadership be refreshed? We’re always ‘on’ whether we are teaching, planning, leading, or delegating. We need a place to let down and let go-to connect with other women and to be fed so our cup is refilled. The by design reTREAT is it-a place to refresh, share ideas, pray and be in God’s presence so we can hear His direction for our next step.
I attended the reTREAT and met wonderful kindred sisters. We connected over meals and heard from speakers on topics that we encounter. And, we left feeling like family. It is so good to know I am not alone out there. God has an army of women on the front lines and they can become my rear guard as I serve in my local church and community. One favorite moment of the weekend was when we all broke out singing the Doxology in the dining hall. Voices raised. Perfect harmony. Clear and strong. It was such a beautiful picture of God’s daughters working in unity, according to our giftededness, for the Kingdom.”
2016 reTREAT participant