- This event has passed.
April 22 @ 8:30 am - 8:30 pm$35 – $65
There are few things as exciting as an event that calls for a + ONE. Your expectations have been set. THIS will be an opportunity (and you can share it with someone!). On the flip side, anxiousness can accompany that also.
So it is with leadership. Your expectations were set, and now you’re living it. Some days you enthusiastically serve. You keep your passion for Jesus boiling hot. Some days you radiate with the glow of the Holy Spirit.
Other days … there are stress fractures, and you’re dragging your exhausted tail to just muster enough love to give that one person a hug.
In both moments, we need to invite a + ONE into our eventful day. Yes, because every day is just that, an event.
It’s a given … we need JESUS. But maybe there’s another (someone with skin on them) whom you should invite to keep your equilibrium, clarity, and fervor. We are not called to be independent, but to be interdependent. Let’s be inspired to see that + ONE who is willing to hold space with us as we lead.
Let’s learn TOGETHER, to see our blind spots, to recognize our need to receive from others, and to identify when we can be that + ONE for someone else, to ripple support and encouragement on another.
We will view dynamic Biblical pairs who found leading was better together.
When: Saturday, April 22 from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM
Where: Immanuel Church, 301 Boston Road, Chelmsford, MA
Who: All women who are actively serving in their churches or organizations; especially those women who minister to other women.
What: Three general sessions with Ellen Garland, six afternoon break-out sessions pertinent to life and ministry; free time to enjoy and meet new women, plus much more!
Registration is now open!
The retreat will take place at Immanuel Church in Chelmsford, MA, and is for any woman who is currently serving in her church or organization. This will be a time to connect with sisters who have a heartbeat for Christ; it will be a time of encouragement and enrichment.
Our time together will feature a variety of elements. Here are some highlights:
- Meaningful and inspirational worship
- Special guest speaker Ellen Garland will be speaking three times in Saturday’s general sessions.
- We will also be having a special evening event with Ellen on Saturday that will be open to all women, even those not attending the retreat!
- A relaxed time of fun to connect with old and new friends
- Ministry-relevant breakout sessions (you can take 2!)
- The Blessed Alliance: Men and Women Serving God Together
- 21st Century Facilitation Techniques: Going From Teacher to Facilitator
- Drawing Closer to Our Shepherd
- I CAN Do All Things … But SHOULD I?
- Let Them Lead
- Create-a-Card Workshop
Please visit our Retreat Breakout Sessions page for topic descriptions and instructor information.
We are delighted to have Ellen Garland as our keynote at this year’s reTREAT. Ellen and her husband – the man of her dreams – Ric, reside in Epsom, NH. For 34 years, the Garlands served a quality group of missionaries throughout the United States with Word of Life Fellowship, Inc., serving as youth coaches at local churches; prompting and training youth leaders in evangelism and discipleship. Ellen also served as Dean of Women at the Word of Life Bible Institute and co-anchored a Word of Life daily radio program.
Always looking and desiring to follow God’s exciting path of adventure, Ric & Ellen sensed the Lord moving in their hearts. That path led them to Epsom Bible Church in New Hampshire, where Ric serves as Lead Pastor. Together, they encourage, love on, and guide a gathering of fabulous people. Their heartbeat is to encourage others to build on Biblical principles.
Ellen’s passion is for women of all ages to fully grasp a living God. Her aspiration rests on deep discipleship and the opportunity to ignite others to skillfully apply the Word of God, in order to build a mature personal relationship with the Holy Spirit. She has traveled within the U.S. and abroad, pouring into ladies, as she opens the Word and shares it with energy.
Ric and Ellen have three grown children. Nicole is married to Bryant. They reside in Valrico, FL – It’s warm there; Eric resides in Heaven – It’s glorious there; and Shannon is married to Jordan – they reside in Mountain City, TN – it’s beautiful there. They also have seven adorable grandbabies, 4 live in Florida, 2 live in Texas and 1 lives in TN! We are confident you may hear about them.
OUR WORSHIP LEADER:
Nichole DiVietro serves at Bedford Road Baptist Church in Merrimack, New Hampshire, alongside her husband, Erik. She comes from a musical family and has worked with music teams and choirs for over twenty years. In addition, she teaches piano and voice to children and adults. Her passion is using music to encourage others in their journey with Christ, and she views the piano as an altar to pour out her devotion to the Lord. Nichole’s musical influences include Rich Mullins, Michael Card, and Kathy Troccoli.
HELP A GREAT CAUSE
Baby Goods Wanted! Clearway Clinic is seeking new, unused, gender-neutral baby items. Below is the list of needed items:
- Gender-neutral clothing, all seasons (newborn – 12mo)
- Boy & girl clothing, all seasons (2T & 3T)
- Gender-neutral baby hats
- Burp cloths
- Grooming/hygiene kits
We will be receiving donations for this great cause! Please bring an item with you when you come. It can be something as small and simple as a bottle of baby shampoo, or a bottle, or a pacifier. We’ll be collecting all of the items and bringing them to the clinic for them to distribute to those in need. Thank you for your help in ministering to these dear moms!
• The reTREAT will take place Saturday, April 22, with doors opening at 8:30 AM. The program begins at 9:00 AM and concludes Saturday evening at 8:30 PM. There are several doors to enter Immanuel’s facility. Please follow the signs for the main entrance. Registration materials will be available upon check-in. Walk-ins are also permitted but will need to pay the adjusted late registration fee.
• We will have hot drinks, bottled water, and breakfast items available for you when you arrive.
• The full schedule is available at this link.
• You will need to sign up ahead of time for the breakout session of your choosing. You can make your choice known on the registration form. This will enable us to assign the proper space for each group.
• We offer discounted rates to groups of three or more. Why not invite women from your leadership team to attend with you?
• Accommodations: For those of you traveling a distance, La Quinta Inn, Andover, MA (11 miles from our retreat location) is offering us a discounted rate for overnight lodging on Friday, April 21st. This may also be a good option for those of you who are coming as a group and would enjoy an overnight retreat before the retreat! Nothing like a girl-time getaway! You’ll be able to relax and enjoy this beautiful setting with all the amenities, which includes a hot breakfast on Saturday morning.
• The La Quinta Inn includes rooms with two queen beds or a suite which includes a king-size bed and a pull-out sofa bed. The La Quinta Inn has a pool and a work-out room for your enjoyment.
• You will be registering for your accommodations separately from the retreat registration. The rooms with two queen-sized beds are $89 each (plus tax). Suites are $139 (plus tax) and include one king bed and one pull-out sofa bed. You can register online for our special rate, or contact the hotel directly at 978-685-6200 and tell them you are with the by design group on April 21-22.
• Rooms need to be reserved by April 4, 2023 to receive our special block pricing. After that, room rates are not discounted, and the current rate will be charged.
Be sure to register at your earliest convenience so that you don’t miss out!
• Plan to bring copies of various ministry resources to share with fellow attendees. These could be brochures, ministry tips, planning guides, devotionals, organizational tools, speaker recommendations, etc., or anything that might be of use to another leader. In lieu of the individual bags we usually ask you to bring, space will be provided at one of our tables for you to display your resources.
• You will have a few different options in which to register: as an individual attendee or as a group attendee. The registration fee for single attendees is $65. The group rate for three or more women is $55. This covers breakfast, lunch, a light dinner, and a decadent dessert buffet.
• Millennial/Zennial Discount! Those who are 35 or younger may register for the retreat for only $35! No code needed – just select that option during the registration process.
• Please note that we are not able to accommodate food allergies.
• Your registration fee is transferable but non-refundable (i.e., another person can come in your place). April 10th is the cutoff date for Early Bird pricing. Registrations received after that date will be charged an additional $10.00.
• In addition, limited scholarships are available. Contact our office for further information.
A week before the retreat, you will receive a final confirmation letter with directions and additional information. If you have other concerns, please call our office at (978) 455-1011 or email us.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in April. More importantly, the Lord himself desires to encourage your heart and ministry with his strengthening presence.
Here’s what previous attendees are saying about the reTREAT:
“Where can women in leadership be refreshed? We’re always ‘on’ whether we are teaching, planning, leading, or delegating. We need a place to let down and let go-to connect with other women and to be fed so our cup is refilled. The by design reTREAT is a place to refresh, share ideas, pray and be in God’s presence so we can hear His direction for our next step.”
“It was a refreshing weekend to sit and relax and talk to women. I met many new women and was blessed sharing with them.”
“A great weekend – everything: place, roommate, main speaker, workshops, quiet time, networking with others, wonderful encouragement – and not being consumed by busyness!”
“The weekend has been a wonderful time away for me; perhaps a turning point in my walk as a leader. Thank you so very much.”